From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@AdrianSpratt.com>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:47 PM
Subject: RE: How to mute JAWS in a specific application

Howard, you aren't the first JAWS user to have this problem. You seem to
describe how to perform the operation just right. But to make sure, press
and release the insert key and spacebar as close together as you can,
pause
a moment, then press s. On my system, JAWS says "Speech off," then goes
silent. I repeat the keystrokes, JAWS says, "Speech on," and all's well.