From: "Aidan Maher" <aidan.smarttalk@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: How to mute JAWS in a specific application

Hi, yes its no longer in quick settings, you can either each time you
launch the app, press insert plus space, then s, and do the same thing
when you exit, but the better way is to go to settings centre, then go
to misilanious options, and then to sleep moad, press space til it
says, enable and unload the synthesizer. Then press enter, of corse
make sure that the application file for that eclips is selected in
settings centre.

On 10/01/2013, Adrian Spratt <Adrian@...> wrote:
Hi. I've just installed IRTI's Eclipse Pro Writer and Hovercam primarily
for
scanning and performing OCR on documents. Eclipse comes with its own
synthesizers, so I need to have JAWS be silent whenever I switch to that
application.

The old methods for silencing JAWS in a specific application appear no
longer to work. One of the more recent was to use what is now the Quick
Settings Dialog, but the mute/silence option doesn't appear, at least when
have Eclipse open. The one method I haven't yet tried involves opening
default scripts and creating an on/off speech toggle keystroke. Even if
that
one still works, I'm hoping there's something a little more obvious.

I am using JAWS 13 with XP. Any suggestions?