Re: make the FN key on the hp mini netbook stick?

Brent Harding

I thought I read online that some dells do it too, but since the local stores don't have a lot of choices with Windows 7 around, I will probably have to order something unknown, but don't want weird issues like this.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aidan Maher" <aidan.smarttalk@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2013 5:41 AM
Subject: Re: make the FN key on the hp mini netbook stick?

Its mostly netbooks that behave that way, but there should be a way to
remap the fn keys, I heard it must be done in the bios but I don't no.
Just wild guessing here.

On 05/01/2013, Dave Durber <d.durber@gmail.com> wrote:
Dave:

I have an HP laptop which has a built-in number pad.

Regardless of that, I still use the JAWS laptop keyboard layout for all my
screen-reading functions.

In fact, I use the JAWS laptop keyboard with my desktop as well. That way,

I do not have to keep thinking which keystrokes I need to press when I use a

laptop.

So, when I use a laptop without a built-in keyboard, the only key I really
need to worry about, is where is the INSERT key located for that particular

model laptop.

Sincerely:

Dave durber