Re: make the FN key on the hp mini netbook stick?

Brent Harding

Are all HP laptops out there like this where the F keys are secondary to other functions, meaning you have to hit FN to use them? I'm looking into getting a new laptop because this mac book I've been running XP in boot camp on has the left and right arrow keys broken, so I've had to remap away the application key I was using to have right arrow. I'm looking to get something which doesn't have too odd of a keyboard layout though as I may need to bring this for temporary jobs, and trying to get a full size keyboard into a bag is difficult when the laptop will take up most of it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Lee" <kleeva5@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: make the FN key on the hp mini netbook stick?

James, yes it does, when using jaws in internet explorer you do the combo insert+f7 to get links, insert+f6 to get the headings. in order to get the insert key you must press the fn key because it is also the print screen key, also the f keys also have other functions and the fn key must be pressed in order to use the f keys.