Re: IE10 Desktop Version, Windows 8, & Jaws

Peter Tighe

here it is!

Lauren,

I suspect none of your key strokes are working if you are using the internet
explorer from the Windows 8 metro start screen!

I would think that you would want to install the desktop version of Internet
explorer 10. Than all the key strokes work and you have everything as
before including favorites. This is how you get the desktop version
working.

Press windows-e to open windows explorer.
arrow to the C drive and press enter
Then arrow to program files and press enter
then arrow to the internet explorer folder and press enter
now arrow to iexplore.exe
do not press enter here.
instead press your context key or shift f-10.
now arrow down to send to and press enter.
finally arrow down to desktop creat short cut and press enter.

Now short cut to iexplore.exe will be on your desktop
you may want to rename this to internet explorer.
Now when you press enter on this shortcut you will get the full desktop
version of internet explorer with all the menus and keystrokes as before.
you may wish to keep the metro version on your start screen for those
sighted friends who might like it!

Peter

Peter