Re: Problem reading capital letters using Vocaliser Samantha voice

Dondi

Hi Everyone,

Here's what I do for capital letters in JAWS 13, you might like it. I play a
sound for capital letters.
How to setup JAWS to play a sound when you type a capital letter or arrow
over one.
Press Insert+6 to go to setting center.
Arrow down to speech and schemes.
Right arrow to expand speech and sound schemes out.
Go to modify schemes..
Press space bar.
The dialog box that opens should have your current scheme in the focus.
Tab to edit selected scheme. Press enter.
Should be on general tab.
Control+tab to misc tab.
Arrow down to the second caps choice.
Tab to the radial button and select play sound, to select the radial button
arrow down.
Tab to select wave file button and press enter.
Select wave file to play .
Pressing space bar or alt+P will play the selected wave file.
Press enter when wave file you want is selected.
Tab to ok and press enter.
Tab to save selected scheme and press enter.
Tab to ok and press enter, do this twice.

Dondi
We are the music makers
And the dreamers of dreams

On 2012-12-19, at 10:06 PM, "Dale Reardon" <dale@dalereardon.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have the latest version of jaws v14 and am now using the Vocaliser
US Samantha High Premium voice.

Eloquence had started crashing my Windows 7 64 bit computer far too
often after the latest JFW14 upgrade so I have switched to Vocaliser
and no crashes anymore.

However Jaws is no longer indicating capital letters either when
typing (I have read by character on for typing) or when reading text
even character by character. There is no change in pitch and it
doesn't say cap like it did when using eloquence.

I have made no changes except swapping over to Vocaliser voice.

Any idea what could be going wrong? Are others having a similar
problem at all? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

http://www.settledin.com.au/>