From: Ariel
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: good registry cleaner

Hi Tom,
Much respect to you. You could very well be correct and I could be
wrong. I have always looked at the Registry as the part that keeps your
computer running, and tells your computer what to do when certain events
occur. I appreciate your reply.Mechanic is definitely great. I used to
have it, but I no longer do. Thanks,
On 12/18/2012 11:07 PM, Tom Lange wrote:
Hi,
Actually, the registry isn't a program that runs and executes
instructions. Think of it more as something like a convoluted database
that stores an inventory of your existing hardware and software and
related settings. In the early days of Windows there was a registry,
but a lot of this information was stored in initialization files which
were essentially straight text files with a .ini extension. These
files would be scattered all over the place, and if, through a program
error or just plain user error these files got destroyed or relocated,
all sorts of weird things could happen. So as time went by, the
registry grew both in size and complexity. It's nothing to trifle
with, and it's always a good idea to back it up first before using any
kind of cleaner program or, heaven forbid, using the registry editor
to do any tweaking.

Another good registry cleaner that I've heard highly recommended is
Registry Mechanic. It's not freeware and I don't have a link to it,
but I'm sure a Google search will turn up something about it.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ariel"
<accessibleknowledge@gmail.com>