Re: good registry cleaner

Robert Logue <bobcat11@...>

Thanksfor the update. Again, we have to choose between programs that are screen reader friendly and software that is really good. Sometimes we are lucky and get both together but it is hard to find.

I'll skip Wise Cleaner then. To bad, it gets good ratings at download.com.

Bob

On 12/18/2012 6:36 AM, Ariel wrote:
Hi everyone,
I apologize. I sent out the wrong link. The link to the registry cleaner
I sent is a good link, but the program is not accessible. It works
extremely well though. I have some vision, so I naturally forgot that it
wasn't accessible. The link I meant to send is the following:
http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm
On 12/18/2012 8:18 AM, Ariel wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm just going to throw this out there. It's often not the fault of a
program. Sometimes it's better to live certain parts of the computer
if you do not know much about it specially your registry. Your
registry is what keeps your computer running. The registry is what
executes orders for your computer when certain events occur. There are
various things which could eventually slow down your PC's performance.
As some of you know, if you use your computer a lot, a lot of
unnecessary and unwanted information gets written to your registry.
Furthermore, updating, uninstalling, or installing software on your
computer will affect your computers performance over time. Registry
cleaners can of course help sort some of these issues, but you should
always be aware of what you are doing. If you don't have experiences
with the registry, leave it alone, or ask some one who has experience.
The registry is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. One
mistake can cause your PC to stop working. I have seen various cases
in which they didn't know what they were doing, so I had to reinstall
Windows all over again. The point that I'm trying to make is that if
you don't know much about the registry, please leave it alone. Always
keep in mind that registry cleaners are less than perfect. There's
always a chance that registry cleaners may remove needed data during
the cleaning process. Leaving it alone will prevent you from unwanted
headaches. However, if you really want to do it, than by all means do,
but always do a registry backup, or Google it if you don't know what
it is. Note that I'm not throwing it to bother anyone. For those
interested in a good registry cleaner, check out the link below. It's
an awesome one, but be sure to ask someone if you lack the knowledge,
backup registry, or Google it before any actions. Thanks,

http://www.wisecleaner.com/download.html
On 12/17/2012 7:05 PM, Robert Logue wrote:
Agree that CCleaner is potentially dangerous. However, You can
exclude files programs and folders as well as some items in the
registry. I wish FS would publish info about anything that should not
be touched by a registry cleaner.

one thing I don't like about CCleaner is that it does not give enough
information about the registry items it finds. I didn't find that
part of the program to helpful. It's good at cleaning unwanted files
but I leave the registry alone now.

Also, Despite all advice from blind users, I am unable to select
items in the registry to remove with the space bar and have to use
the mouse cursor instead.

Someone mentioned another program called Abexo. Interesting that
download.com does not have it. I wanted to see how popular it is and
what sort of reviews people have about Abexo. I found lots through a
web search but don't know the sources enough to trust them.

I just tried a couple programs that supposed to clean and optimize
but they were not accessible without scripting.
One was System Checkup 3.3 iolo technologies, LLC 12/5/2012
The other was SlimCleaner Free

Bob

On 12/16/2012 12:35 PM, Aidan Maher wrote:
I also would like to no, since most of them seem to mess things up
rather than cleaning the necessary files. And also a drive wiper? But
just not CCleaner. That really is not good for jaws users, maybe
accessible, but it remove things you need and sometimes can affect
jaws also.

On 16/12/2012, cecropia64@att.net <cecropia64@att.net> wrote:
HI FOLKS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS FOR AN ACCESIBLE
REGISTRY CLEANER THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE FREE OR AT LEAST HAS A TRIAL
VERSION. THANKS