From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of David Bailes
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:25 AM
To: jfw
Subject: Re: help with web with JAWS 14 & windows 8

Hi Lauren,
To open the control panel:
1. Press the windows key to go to the start screen, if you're not already on
it.
2. Type in control panel, and press Enter.
It sounds like after you typed in control panel, you pressed tab. This would
have taken you to a list of the possible scopes of the search, which
includes apps, files, internet explorer, etc.

I would expect expect internet explorer to be pinned to the taskbar on a new
install of windows 8. If you press windows key + T, this cycles you round
the taskbar buttons, and you should find it.

If you're still having problems finding the internet options dialog, yet
another way of opening it is to press windows key + w to search for
settings, type in internet options, and press enter.

David.