No. I believe the default setting is that the virtual ribbon is off. I cannot help you with Windows 8, unfortunately. If you want Windows 7, you will need to look for help elsewhere.

Dave Carlson
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 18, 2012, at 7:53, "lauren snyder" <lotusrising@verizon.net> wrote:

Is the Jaws ribbon that is automatically on and you have to turn it off? If
so, it sounds like I need to turn it off and how do you this?

I find either Jaws or windows 8 and not sure which it is very frustrating so
far as Jaws doesn't read me half the things I want or I can't find it
because windows 8 moved it.

Is windows 7 an option to consider and does it work fully with jaws 14?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted
(CHFS DMS)
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:13 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: help with office and web with JAWS 14

Exactly right. I recall the documentation implies it's an all-or-nothing
option, but it is not. I agree with Dave on learning the ribbon, and one of
the better courses I've seen on the subject came from FS.

Ted

From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: 17/12/2012 10.34 pm

Dhavesh,

What exactly are your symptoms?

Dave Carlson

From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: 17/12/2012 8.20 pm

Dondi,

Just use the latest version as posted. That will carry all patches to date.
works pretty well from my perspective.

Dave Carlson