Re: good registry cleaner

Ariel

Hi everyone,
I'm just going to throw this out there. It's often not the fault of a program. Sometimes it's better to live certain parts of the computer if you do not know much about it specially your registry. Your registry is what keeps your computer running. The registry is what executes orders for your computer when certain events occur. There are various things which could eventually slow down your PC's performance. As some of you know, if you use your computer a lot, a lot of unnecessary and unwanted information gets written to your registry. Furthermore, updating, uninstalling, or installing software on your computer will affect your computers performance over time. Registry cleaners can of course help sort some of these issues, but you should always be aware of what you are doing. If you don't have experiences with the registry, leave it alone, or ask some one who has experience. The registry is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. One mistake can cause your PC to stop working. I have seen various cases in which they didn't know what they were doing, so I had to reinstall Windows all over again. The point that I'm trying to make is that if you don't know much about the registry, please leave it alone. Always keep in mind that registry cleaners are less than perfect. There's always a chance that registry cleaners may remove needed data during the cleaning process. Leaving it alone will prevent you from unwanted headaches. However, if you really want to do it, than by all means do, but always do a registry backup, or Google it if you don't know what it is. Note that I'm not throwing it to bother anyone. For those interested in a good registry cleaner, check out the link below. It's an awesome one, but be sure to ask someone if you lack the knowledge, backup registry, or Google it before any actions. Thanks,

http://www.wisecleaner.com/download.html

On 12/17/2012 7:05 PM, Robert Logue wrote:
Agree that CCleaner is potentially dangerous. However, You can exclude files programs and folders as well as some items in the registry. I wish FS would publish info about anything that should not be touched by a registry cleaner.

one thing I don't like about CCleaner is that it does not give enough information about the registry items it finds. I didn't find that part of the program to helpful. It's good at cleaning unwanted files but I leave the registry alone now.

Also, Despite all advice from blind users, I am unable to select items in the registry to remove with the space bar and have to use the mouse cursor instead.

Someone mentioned another program called Abexo. Interesting that download.com does not have it. I wanted to see how popular it is and what sort of reviews people have about Abexo. I found lots through a web search but don't know the sources enough to trust them.

I just tried a couple programs that supposed to clean and optimize but they were not accessible without scripting.
One was System Checkup 3.3 iolo technologies, LLC 12/5/2012
The other was SlimCleaner Free

Bob

On 12/16/2012 12:35 PM, Aidan Maher wrote:
I also would like to no, since most of them seem to mess things up
rather than cleaning the necessary files. And also a drive wiper? But
just not CCleaner. That really is not good for jaws users, maybe
accessible, but it remove things you need and sometimes can affect
jaws also.

On 16/12/2012, cecropia64@att.net <cecropia64@att.net> wrote:
HI FOLKS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS FOR AN ACCESIBLE
REGISTRY CLEANER THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE FREE OR AT LEAST HAS A TRIAL
VERSION. THANKS