Using Joomla with JAWS

Niall Gallagher

Hi Everybody,

I am in my final year of college, and one of my modules requires me to create an e-commerce website using Joomla.
I am completely new to Joomla, but it is an open source programme which lets you create websites which have the potential to sell products.

I would really appreciate if someone who has previously used Joomla could give me some pointers.
For example, on a really basic level, I was inputting some text as a test, and I could bold the text using Ctrl + B, but I could not centre it.
This is because the Ctrl + E command puts me into the search box of IE, and the "centre" link doesn't seem to do anything.

As I said, I would really appreciate any information.

My lecturer is very helpful, so if there was an alternative programme I could use, please let me know.

Thank you and Happy Christmas to all.

Niall
Sent from my iPhone