Re: JAWS for DOS

Doris and Chris

I think you actually can use the more modern dos screenreaders like asap or vocal eyes under an NT environment, i.e. in a console or you can run your dos screenreader from a boot floppy and access your nt system that way as long as the floppy has a driver to read the ntfs file system on the nt box.

Doris

At 01:44 PM 12/17/2012 +0000, you wrote:
Good points. As I recall, you haven't been able to use a DOS screenreader in anything later than Win98. That's why I finally discontinued using my much-beloved ASAP.

Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:12 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: JAWS for DOS

Hello Carlos:

Yes, you can put JAWS for DOS on a 1.44 floppy Disk.

To my knowledge, you cannot use JFD to access the CMOS for a motherboard in any way nor, can you use JFD to delete/wipe/erase the CMOS settings for a motherboard.

If you know where the jumper that resets the CMOS to factory defaults is located on your motherboard, change the jumper setting and turn on your computer so that the reset of the CMOS can be performed.

After the CMOS has been reset to factory defaults, turn off the computer and return the jumper to its original location, otherwise, the CMOS will be reset to factory defaults, each time you turn on your computer.

Unless you are really certain as to how the jumper on the motherboard must be set to perform the CMOS reset function, I would strongly recommend you get someone with vision, who is familiar with motherboards to help you with this task.

Unless you are familiar with the CMOS of a particular motherboard, if you are totally blind, you will need sighted assistance to make the desired changes to the CMOS.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber