Thanks for this, but, how do I refresh Windows 8?

Russell
Sent from my iMac running Mountain Lion!

On 2012-12-16, at 12:42 PM, Aidan Maher <aidan.smarttalk@gmail.com> wrote:

This shouldn't be a problem for 14 in windows8, I think you must
remove jaws and then refresh, as the refresh only reset everything,
the option wich wipe it all off is more likely called reset. But to be
sure, first remove the vidio intercept components and then jaws after
that, you can use NVDA to help out as you need to close down jaws
before you begin this.

On 16/12/2012, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@shaw.ca> wrote:
Hi Joseph,

Just to clarify. Once Windows 8 is up and running, what do I need to
do?
Do I uninstall Jaws 12 and 13 and then refresh Windows 8? How do I
refresh
Windows 8?

Will OpenBook 9 work in Windows 8?

Thanks,

On 2012-12-16, at 10:52 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,
In the short term, yes, as you cannot remove video intercepp for JFW
12 and 13 under Windows 8. This causes some video driver issues, such
as no text on screen on some applications. To "fix" this, you need to
"refresh" Windows 8 (it can be done without sighted assistance).
//JL

On 12/16/12, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@shaw.ca> wrote:
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for this! I'm afraid the download went a bit faster than I had
thought, and, I've already started the installation... I didn't update
any
drivers, and I didn't uninstall Jaws 12 and 13. Will this cause me
grief?

Thanks again.

On 2012-12-16, at 10:13 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,
Yes, it can be done (or maybe not depending on installation method).
If you're upgrading, then you can use JFW for first part (upgrade
assistant, installation method selection and entering the product
key). If doing custom install, you need sighted assistance for fir st
part (booting to DVD, selecting region and language, entering product
key and so forth). After the first part, the computer will restart.
After a further reboot, you can start Narrator (Windows key+U, then
press SPACE on Narrator). Then go through the installation and you'll
be done.
Before you install Windows 8, update all your drivers (if possible)
and remove JAWS versions earlier than 14.
Cheers,
Joseph

On 12/16/12, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@shaw.ca> wrote:
Hi everyone,

As we speak, I am downloading Windows 8 to my laptop running Windows
7.
purchased it online from MS for $39. My question is, has anyone
managed
install the Windows 8 update without sighted assistance? If so, any
tips?
Is Narrator available during the install?

Thanks for any advice!

I know, I'm a sucker for punishment!! LOL

Russell