Re: Internet Explorer issue.

Ariel

Hi Robert,
It is actually greatly dependent of your graphics since hardware rendering moves all graphics and text rendering from the CPU to the graphics processing unit. Extra note that I forgot to add to my previous E-mail; sometimes you have to either disable or enable this feature to check for software or hardware compatibility with certain websites. However, this IE issue you are having is not always related to incompatibility. It could be caused by virus, add-ons, etc. Thanks,
Ariel

On 12/12/2012 6:51 PM, Robert Logue wrote:
Hi Ariel. I wonder how much this setting depends on the graphics adaptor. I have only motherboard Intell graphics so maybe it would help. I often have the same problem of Jaws not reading the message that Internet Explorer has stopped working.

Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering

Bob

On 12/12/2012 11:05 AM, Ariel wrote:
Hi,
There are three things you could try.
1: you could try resetting IE by launching IE, press alt+T to get to
"Tools." Next you could either press "O" or arrow up once to internet
options and press enter. Now you want to press control+tab to get to
advance settings. Now use only your tab key to get to where it says
"Reset." Press enter, and go from there. If you need more help you can
contact me off list.
2: you can also try to disable your add-ons. Disable all of them, and
enable them one by one until you find the one giving you the issue.
3. If the steps above don't work, press alt+T (Tools,) go to options,
and press control+tab to get to advance settings again. At this point,
press your down arrow key once to get to where it says, "Use software
rendering instead of GPU rendering and press the "Space Bar" to turn it
on. Now tab to the O.K. button. This should solve it, but if it doesn't
feel free to let me know. I might be able to throw other ideas. Thanks,
Ariel
On 12/12/2012 7:28 AM, Mike Mote wrote:
Hi folks! I e-mailed the list last week regarding an issue with JAWS
and Internet Explorer. I don't believe I gave the error message that
displays on the screen. According to a friend who could see the
screen, IE displays a message saying IE has stopped working. Problem
is, JAWS does not see this message. I wonder if it is a display
settings issue on my Windows 7 machine that doesn't allow JAWS to see
the screen properly. I had to make some changes there in order to get
some programs to run like they should a couple of months ago. Thoughts?