Re: finding what a key is

Alex Stone <alex.stone@...>

I can't swear that it does, but I believe mouseover works in firefox.

On 01/12/2015 15:25, Adrian Spratt wrote:

I think I know what the problem is. The keys identified in this mode are specific to the application that is in focus. So, to check the mouseover keys, make sure your browser is in focus before pressing JAWS key-1. In fact, it might be advisable to be in IE. I’ve never tried mouseover in Chrome or Firefox, although it should work there, too.

From: Mark Furness [mailto:flintman57@...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 10:22 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: finding what a key is

Maybe it is my system but only the space and application keys are spoken concerning the bottom row of keys..

I wish to get use to doing the mouse over combination.

On Dec 1, 2015, at 9:38 AM, douglas richard dexheimer <drichardd@...> wrote:

insert+1 (on the numbers row) toggles keyboard help on and off.  after turning keyboard help on, press any key or combination and jaws will tell you what it does.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@...

On 12/1/2015 6:26 AM, Mark Furness wrote:

What is the key stroke to make Jaws announce/inform what a key is and or what it will do?

Thank you for your help!!!