From: "Stephanie Switzer" <emmanrusty@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2012 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws and Twitter

If you want the web client I think it's easychirp.com now. If you want
an application for windows I've heard that tween is pretty good. a lot
of my friends use it. The qube or twitmonger apps are great too. (I've
used both. On my Iphone I have tweetlist, and twitterrific, and the
official twitter app) I haven't used the twitter app in a while, but
tweetlist and twitterrific work great.

On 12/9/12, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@shaw.ca> wrote:
Hi Jean,

I just tried Twitter on my iPhone, because, as I said, I don't use it a
lot,
and wanted to verify that it is accessible. I was able to read tweets,
reply to tweets, and post a new tweet without too much trouble. I am
also
able to browse by category and follow people I find that look
interesting.
Along the bottom of the Twitter window you'll find a number of tabs that
allow you to look just at your own tweets, browse for new people to
follow,
go to your "Home" page, etc. Just touch at the bottom of the screen, and
then swipe left or right to navigate the various tabs.

Which iPhone do you have? I have an iPhone 4S running IOS 6.

I'd better end this thread now before George asks what all this has to do
with Jaws! LOL

Russell
Sent from my iMac running Mountain Lion!

On 2012-12-09, at 4:17 PM, Jean Menzies <jemenzies@shaw.ca> wrote:

Thanks Russell

I will check out the accessible site as well. I'm not good at memorizing
tons of keystroke commands for a program I may only use occasionally.
That's
my only beef with The Qube so far. Thanks for recommending the native
Twitter client on the iPhone. I had heard that it wasn't very easy to
use,

but that may have changed. I'm still just trying to get my hear around
the

whole Twitter thing, so thanks for your tips.

On 2012-12-09, at 12:53 PM, Jean Menzies <jemenzies@shaw.ca> wrote:

I've decided to venture into the world of Twitter. I've read the help
pages at
www.twitter.com
and have learned enough to get started. My question is what is the best
accessible interface to use with Jaws 13? Is the site itself accessible
for the account account and twitter posts, or is a third party app
used?

Also, for those using iPhones, what is a good app nowadays that works
well
with voiceover?

Thanks for any tips getting started.

Jean