I don't know if you want to do this, but resetting IE might solve the issue. You should also try to disable IE add-ons to see if one of them is causing the problem. If it is, you can then enable add-ons one by one until you identify the one causing the problem. If you have the Yahoo add-on installed, it may be the one causing this issue.
To reset IE, open IE, press alt+T )tools.) Next press O to get to Internet Options. Now you want to press control+Tab to get to "Advanced page, or advanced settings. Now tab until you get to the reset button. Press enter on it, on the next window, check delete personal settings, and press enter on reset button.
To disable add-ons, press alt+t in IE. Now Press "A" to get to Manage add-ons. Next you tab to where it says, "Currently loaded add-ons. Here you want to arrow down or up to select all add-ons. Next you tab once, and press control+A to select all add-ons. Once they are selected, you tab until you get to disable all. Close IE and see if the issue is still happening. I hope this works. I suggest you try disabling add-ons first. Thanks,

On 12/6/2012 5:25 AM, emma goodwin wrote:
This also happens in IE 9 at times too. It suddenly says Internet
explorer has stopped working or is shuttin down but fortunately with
Windows 7 and Jaws 13 with IE 9 it gives me an option to go to my
homepage or to reopen the tasks that I was busy with before whatever
the problem was occured. Its like it just crashes and in these last
few weeks it has happened quite alot to me but mine doesn't stop
talking completely. Gary's advice about starting NVDA then is a good
suggestion to just see if you can sort the problem out without having
to restart your system. Good luck

On 12/6/12, Gary King <w4wkz@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Mike,
This is where another screen reader such as NVDA or Narrator can come in
handy. The first thing I do when the computer goes silent is to bring up
NVDA to see what has happened and what I need to do about it.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Mote" <miketmote73@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:26 PM
Subject: Issue with JFW 13 and IE 8.

Hello folks! I'm having an issue on my work computer. I use windows 7,
along with Jaws 13 and at least once a day, IE encounters a problem, and
wants to close the particular web-page that I am on. When this happens,
JAWS stops speaking. I have to utilize sighted assistance to click the
message. Once that happens, JAWS works right again. Left to my own
devices, if this error occurs, I have to do a hard reboot of my computer
system. I hate doing this, because I'd rather shut the computer down
properly. Any suggestions? I know it is a rather odd problem. One that

I do not encounter on my home computer.