From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 7:25 PM
To: Jaws users e-mail list
Subject: Accessing OCR Function In Jaws 13 for Scanned Image PDF Files

Hi, all.

At work, I am getting increasing numbers of scanned image PDF files.

I have the K1000 software from Kurzweil, but still need to get a scanner to
interface with that program.

In the meantime, can someone give me a quick summary of the key commands
that are used to do the OCR recognition via Jaws 13 in Windows 7, at least
for the time being?

I consulted the help file in Jaws 13, but got what seemed to be confusing
instructions.

The help file said to use the insert key, plus the space bar and the letter
S to start the reading, but I could never get it to work. Perhaps I'm doing

the key conbination incorrectly.

Again, I'm using Jaws 13, with Windows 7.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan