From: "Tom Behler" <tombehler@gmail.com>
To: "Jaws users e-mail list" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:24 PM
Subject: Accessing OCR Function In Jaws 13 for Scanned Image PDF Files

Hi, all.

At work, I am getting increasing numbers of scanned image PDF files.

I have the K1000 software from Kurzweil, but still need to get a scanner to interface with that program.

In the meantime, can someone give me a quick summary of the key commands that are used to do the OCR recognition via Jaws 13 in Windows 7, at least for the time being?

I consulted the help file in Jaws 13, but got what seemed to be confusing instructions.

The help file said to use the insert key, plus the space bar and the letter S to start the reading, but I could never get it to work. Perhaps I'm doing the key conbination incorrectly.

Again, I'm using Jaws 13, with Windows 7.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan