Re: Jaws 12 or 13 & windows 7?

emma goodwin <emma.sleeptalk@...>

I hav heard that too Lauren. I think that you will learn win7 easily
as there are a few differences but it has alot of the XP feel. I am
just worried that in time XP won't be supported anymore but I agree
with Gary in many ways. I would like to try windows 8 but I think its
a very controversial issue. Some say windows 8 is great and we all
should upgrade to it and despite the problems its manageable etc and
others say their are big disadvantages about win8 and all the cons so
I think its all about what you feel most comfortable to do. For you
who still is onXP, I'd suggest moving to win7 but If you someone who
likes to experiment, doesn't mind bugs and faults and you like workin
around issues to make things work then you may want to go for windows
8 but I would give it a few months. Yes after one or 2 updates then it
may be more stable and better but you shouldn't feel as though you
have too upgrade directly to win8. Unfortunately our blind software
and devices are very expensive and that's unfortunate. Its unfair in
many ways but the advantage is that once you have bought Jaws then you
just have to pay an upgrade fee to the next update which is not as
expensive. You can decide to just buy Jaws without an SMA and each
version upgrade to it or you can purchase an SMA too so you have
various options. I think it all seems intimidating but I think you
will adapt to win7 quite quickly and at least you can use that for a
year or 2 and if you decide to buy windows 8 and put it on another
machine then if you have a copy of win 7 then you can downgrade back
to win7 if you don't like win8 or it causes you certain problems. I
hope this has helped.

On 12/2/12, Farfar Carlson <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Loren,

That sounds right to me.