From: "Marquette, Ed" <Ed.Marquette@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 5:34 PM
Subject: RE: Reading highlighted text

Tracy:
I'm reviewing a document in MS Word right now. To test, I highlighted a word. The highlight menu gives one a choice of several options. Most people choose yellow, but other highlighting techniques may use other colors. The key is the background. Usually, background is white.
I'm proofing this document, Bylaws that my associate revised using track changes.
I am using the proof reading scheme that shows font, attributes, and color.
As I read over the highlighted text, it says "yellow background." I know it is highlighted.
That's all there is to it.
To use the proof reading scheme, as I mentioned before (though this time I'll use the formatting David suggested), just press Alt+Insert+S.
Arrow through the list, or if you are as impatient as I am, press the letter "P."
There are at least 3 different proof reading schemes. I picked one that said font, attribute, and colors. I suspect any scheme that reads colors would work.
Hope this helps. I'm now going to erase the highlighting.