Windows 7 Word XP Jaws HELP

Crystal French

Hi,
I'm trying to get things going with my Windows 7 computer.
, Jaws doesn't read it, except very sporadically.

By that, I mean occasionally you hear a country.

If anyone has a suggestion to try I would welcome it.

Otherwise, I will have to wait for sighted assistance.

I've been looking for any help on what might make Windows 7 work better with Jaws.

Crystal
I have Word XP installed, but need to activate it.

On the page that wants to know the country, which is a combo box, I can not get Jaws to read the selection.

I can not use down arrow after pressing enter.

If I use alt plus down arrow to show the list