Retaliation? You be the judge!

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

All:
As I'm sure many of you remember, I spearheaded the petition drive to get Freedom Scientific to pay attention to users and fix bugs that have persisted in JAWS. It has been up about a week, and the number of signers has been steadily growing.
I was expecting to see a post on the Blind Computing List. When it didn't show up, I decided to post a notice about the petition and invite people to check it out. My message is at the bottom of this message.
I subscribe to the Blind Computing list (and I know several of you also participate on it) only by digest. So, I see messages grouped in batches.
Here is the only message I have received from the Blind Computing list since inviting listers to check out the Freedom Scientific petition:

***********
The body of the message was empty. I am making no accusations here. These are the facts and only the facts. Draw your own conclusions!
I have no idea who moderates that list. Here is the email address from which the above message was sent:
*******
Blind-Computing [blind-computing-bounces@jaws-users.com]
******

If this indeed is retaliation, then this is bigger than just sloppy programming by a company.
JAWS, for the present, is still working, but don't be surprised if the next time you hear from me it will be using Window-Eyes, NVDA, System Access, or whatever -- and it won't be my choice!
Here is the message which appears to have resulted in my getting kicked off the Blind Computing mailing list -- without any warning or any stated reason:
**********
Hi All:

For anyone who uses, has used, or is thinking of using the JAWS Screen reader or other Freedom Scientific products, I urge you to read through and consider signing an online petition asking Freedom Scientific to give increased attention to fixing the bugs in its software and to take greater in introducing new features that tend to break functionality that previously worked. The text of The petition spells out some more specifics and may be worth considering. I, along with several others, authored the petition.
I also urge anyone who cares about making sure that blind and visually impaired people have access to reliable and dependable products seriously to consider reading and signing the petition.
If this has been mentioned before on this list, I apologize. I get the list by digest and sometimes miss posts.
Making our voices heard is one way to keep pressure on companies like Freedom Scientific to keep making their
products better by not letting known problems persist.

The URL is below. Otherwise, you can go to IPetitions.com and search on "Freedom Scientific and JAWS "Thanks for giving this some thought.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/freedom-scientific-bug-fix-problems
Also, if you think there is some value in the petition, feel free to circulate to your friends, colleagues, and other lists.
Oh well. I was spending too much time on lists anyway. <SMILE>

Thank you.