From: "Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)" <Ted.Lisle@ky.gov>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 10:44 AM
Subject: RE: number testing and word testing of vocalizer voices TomandSamantha

JAWS allows one to customize dictionaries according to synthesizer.
I've noticed that RealSpeak handles some things far better than
Eloquence. But stumbles over simple things. Why on earth would
RealSpeak give a simple word like lame a French pronunciation in all
cases, but that's what it does. It confuses someone with a bad leg with
one of Elvis's stage costumes.

I also notice certain idiosyncrasies in the Commonwealth (UK,
Australian) voices, which I suppose the programmer thinks are
typical--placing R's where they don't belong in certain situations (some
of you will remember JFK's adding an R to Cuba in certain situations).

Ted

Ted