Thanks,

Russell
Sent from my iMac running Mountain Lion!

On 2012-10-07, at 3:30 PM, Matt Dierckens <matt.dierckens@gmail.com> wrote:

Russell.
Question for you. If you're on an IMac, why not just do your proofreading with voiceover and textedit? Vocalizer on the mac can identify capitals in the VO utility. you can have it change pitch, play a tone, or say Cap
Matt
Sent from my mac
Twitter: matt692
msn: matt692@live.com
skype: blindman3221

On 2012-10-07, at 3:06 PM, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@shaw.ca> wrote:

Hey Stephanie,

Yes, I'll probably end up doing something similar... use Eloquence when I need to do major proof-reading. The main area I'm running into issues with not knowing whether or not a letter is in upper case is when composing email messages, and, for this I will simply press NumPad 5 3 times to get the ASCII value for a letter I'm trying to find the case of.

Best wishes,

On 2012-10-02, at 2:56 PM, Stephanie Switzer <emmanrusty@gmail.com> wrote:

Russell:
I've set Jaws so that it uses eloquence in microsoft word. Because
that is the program where I need to edit things... usually. It seems
stupid, but it works, and I'm able to catch the errors in my papers
easier then if I just left it as realspeak like I did with everything
else. I don't know if you can do this in versions of Jaws that older
than 12. You should be able to, but that doesn't mean anything. lol.
:) I'm not sure what your trying to fix or edit, but I hope this helps
you. :)

On 10/2/12, Adrian Spratt <Adrian@adrianspratt.com> wrote:
Nuance's principal customer base is not visually impaired people, so it
will
assume that they can see capitalization for themselves. I suggest that all
of you experiencing this limitation contact FS to urge them to ask Nuance
incorporate this capability into its software.

On 2012-10-01, at 8:15 PM, Guido Corona <aloysiusq@gmail.com> wrote:

Unfortunately, the current implementation of Vocalizer for JAWS 14
does not appear to support pitch changes. G.

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

Have any of you tried using the 4sync application, part of the
4shared.com
service with Jaws?

It's quite similar to Dropbox, but so far, I haven't managed to enter
my
account details in the 4sync application. I was able to successfully
create an account on the Website 4shared.com though.

The account tab inside 4sync seems inaccessible, but maybe I'm
missing
something obvious.

I'm hoping someone has gotten further with this than I have, since
the
space and bandwidth available on this service are substantial.

Any tips folks?

thanks,

Chris

CTS MASTERING, affordable and professional mixing and mastering:
http://www.ctsmastering.com
BLOG: www.ctsmastering.com/blog

10/01/12

-----