From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Chris Smart
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2012 11:33 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: What antispyware works well with JFW 10 and up on 7 or XP?

nononono.
go with Microsoft Security Esentials. It's free and accessible.

At 07:47 PM 10/6/2012, you wrote:
I just recommended Spybot Search and Destroy to someone with a Windows
7 system and JAWS 11. I tried it on my XP+JAWS10 system, and we both
had disastrous results with accessibility, plus my machine hung itself
on the next-to-last file being scanned. I have subsequently removed
SS&D from my system. My friend who was trying it along with me
unfortunately did something I would never recommend anyone do--namely,
he clicked the "Fix problems" button, and his system will no longer
run JAWS! I'm sure he'll fix that on his own. But I thought before
going back and trying another one of these things, I'd ask in here and
see what people know and think about things like SS&D, Super
Antispyware Doctor, etc., in terms of accessibility. SS&D sure didn't
have it.

CTS MASTERING, affordable and professional mixing and mastering:
http://www.ctsmastering.com
BLOG: www.ctsmastering.com/blog