Re: issue re windows firewall alert

Dave Scrimenti <dscrimenti@...>

Format your hard drive and install your latest clean backup.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pat Pound" <dpound@austin.rr.com>
To: <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 8:51 AM
Subject: issue re windows firewall alert

Hello

I am running the latest Jaws and XP home.

I got a virus and my windows firewall alert activated -- however my cursor was frozen and (after getting sighted help) found that I had options of ignoring the alert and continuing but I could not get to this choice and Jaws was not reading any of the information.

So, I cannot load Internet Explorer as it activates this virus -- wants me to use xp security alert 2012 and loads an unregistered version etc. I normally use Microsoft Security Essentials but I cannot run that either from the toolbar or from the start menu.

Any advice?

Pat Pound