Re: issue re windows firewall alert

Robert Westfall <rawest@...>

Try doing a system restore to an earlier point.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Pat Pound
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 8:51 AM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: issue re windows firewall alert

Hello

I am running the latest Jaws and XP home.

I got a virus and my windows firewall alert activated -- however my cursor
was frozen and (after getting sighted help) found that I had options of
ignoring the alert and continuing but I could not get to this choice and
Jaws was not reading any of the information.

So, I cannot load Internet Explorer as it activates this virus -- wants me
to use xp security alert 2012 and loads an unregistered version etc. I
normally use Microsoft Security Essentials but I cannot run that either
from the toolbar or from the start menu.

Any advice?

Pat Pound