From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Holloway" <rholloway@gopbc.org>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 22:23
Subject: JAWS and PAC Mates

At the last NFB Convention in Dallas (last month) someone at the FS booth
mentioned that one can apparently fully-enable demo Jaws on any PC by
plugging a PAC Mate into the PC with a USB cable.

How long has this worked? The only machine I have JAWS on here is already
setup with a license (Jaws 11), but I'd love it if my daughter could use
JAWS on other computers, say at a friend's house, for example if she just
plugged in a PAC Mate.

Is there a way to check before trying-- some software version number
perhaps? It is a PAC Mate Omni that we bought when they were still fairly
new (2007-ish maybe?) and we had a couple of years of SMA's and all of those
extended service things.

It sort of killed me thinking we could have possibly had the same
functionality at home this way without the extra $1000 expense, but I don't
know if this capacity came out later or if we were just never told we had
bought this feature.