Re: What gives with disabled keystrokes

Dave Durber

Edward:

Have you tried unloading and relaunching JAWS?

If you did that and nothing changed, try restarting Windows.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

----- Original Message -----
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 7:42 PM
Subject: What gives with disabled keystrokes

OK.
I just wrote about the disappearance of the Jaws Task Manager, formerly enabled with Jaws key (Insert) plus F-10.
Now, the keystroke for starting the Jaws dictionary has disappeared.
Jaws key (insert) plus D used to start the Jaws dictionary manager. That is no longer the case.
Even worse, when I press Jaws key (insert) plus F-2 and then press D to locate the Dictionary Manager, when I press ENTER actually to start the Dictionary Manager, the Dictionary Manager just goes away.
Any idea what's going on?
If this is what we get with Windows 7, I'll gladly go back to Windows XP.
OK.
There may be another issue. To get JAWS to run at all on our system, our IT security monkeys had sequentially to stop group policies from "blocking" certain DLLs.
Do you think that might be the problem, i.e., they didn't stop the blocking of all needed DLLs?

I. Edward Marquette
Direct Dial: 816.502.4646
Mobile: 816.812.0088
Google Voice: 408.692.5640
Facsimile: 816.960.0041
Kutak Rock LLP
1010 Grand Boulevard
Suite 500
Kansas City, MO 64106
ed.marquette@...

#############################################################################################################
ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20110802/0b2ad0b1/attachment.html>

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.