Re: FS unwillingness to fix problems will be their downfall

cecropia64

good point. does fs get this? now i know why i haven't upgraded from version nine. seems like i don't want some of the hassles you folks are talking about. problem is, the longer i wait the more espensive it gets to upgrade. man oh man.

On 9/21/2012 1:03 PM, Cy Selfridge wrote:
You know, I worked as project leader and all that kind of crap for 30 years.
One Golden Rule was do not release a "new and improved" version untill all
known bugs were cleaned up from the current version.
Had I been as unresponsive or irresponsible as FS seems to be I would have
had a career as a system analyst which would have lasted for at least a
month.
Cy

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Lisa Larges
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 9:37 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: FS unwillingness to fix problems will be their downfall

From my vantage point, as just one consumer, while FS has made some
significant and impressive improvements to JAWS, and added some very good
new features, I think its responsiveness to consumers remains one of its
biggest weaknesses.
No toll-free number for tech support -- that's just ludicrous; too many
instances of failure to respond to consumer feedback; too many instances of
underwhelming tech support; not enough attention to updating manuals and
help files (the manual I received with my Focus 40 Blue was dated 2009, for
instance, and some important information was out of date); not enough
attention to improving new features (the new Convenient-OCR feature is great
in concept, but still more or less half-baked in actuality); failure to
respond to customer's needs (such as the stonewalling mentioned in this
thread) and so on.

In the past few years I've seen a bit of improvement in this area -- new
hires who really seem to understand customer's concerns, for instance, but,
again, from my perspective, FS has a steep road to climb to prove to me that
it is a company that values making products driven by customers' needs and
responsive to consumer feedback.