From: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: Google Chrome and jaws 14 beta

I can say for sure that chroam uses the firefox scripts etc for jaws
(including the jcf), it's in my config-names.ini and I didn't put it
there. This does tend to make me think that Google at least started
by using some version of the mozilla gecko engine rather than starting
from scratch (gecko is the actual layout/rending system that Firefox
is built around).

On 9/14/12, James Homuth <james@the-jdh.com> wrote:
I don't believe Chrome is built on the Mozilla platform, but I also don't
pay much attention to Chrome as the few times I've fought with it, I ended
up just removing it and using something else. I've noticed, though, that
I've been needing to refresh the screen more frequently when pages update
while using either Firefox or IE on a 32-bit XP system running JAWS 13, so
I'm not entirely sure what the issue is.