Re: Google chrome and Jaws11

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

Good luck.
I could not get Chrome to behave at all. Chrome has its own screen reader called Chrome Vox. You can download and install it.
My view is that it isn't ready for prime time -- or even close -- but it sort of works.
There are some scripts that are supposed to make JAWS work better with Chrome Vox, but they are in beta.
If you need to use Chrome to work, for example, with Google Docs, I would try Chrome Vox and the new scripts. It is all free and can be downloaded at the Google Store or market or whatever it is called.
I just don't think JAWS works with Chrome at all, and given that Google has created its own screen reader, I doubt Freedom Scientific is in any hurry to make JAWS work with Chrome.
You don't see a JAWS for Macintosh. Not much revenue to generate when competing with free.
Would love to be proven wrong here. Last I checked was July.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Jim L
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:20 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: Google chrome and Jaws11

Heya folks,

Any particular settings I need to change or alter so my Jaws 11 works better
with google chrome?

Any help will be appreciated as getting around a webpage aint that fully
accessible at this stage

Cheers,

Jim

ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.