Richard Holloway, Vice President
Georgia Organization of Parents of Blind Children
www.gopbc.org

On Aug 1, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Lisle, Ted wrote:

I guess it all worked out. I'd have been royally hacked if I'd bought a
64-bit OS, only to find I couldn't use JAWS, which would have been the
case back in 2006.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@...
[mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 9:09 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit

It used to be the case that 64-bit systems couldn't support very easily
32-bit programs, and the other way around. Mostly that was due to the
fact
those programs weren't written with the possibility of 64-bit systems in
mind. Most of those issues have been worked out where they can be, with
some
exceptions already noted on this list.