From: jfw-bounces@...
[mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Chris Smart
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 10:28 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Dvd player

At 10:05 AM 8/1/2011, you wrote:

Is it free and can you access dvd menus with jaws?
As far as I know, the menus on DVD's differ from disc to disc -
they aren't standardized.

I'm not sure any tool is going to enable your screen reader to read
the onscreen menu the sighted see.

But, various players will allow you to access the content. It's not
as elegant but it works.

Or, alternatively, get a copy of DVD Audio Extractor and rip the
audio from your discs to mp3 or some other audio format for
listening. This at least saves hard drive space.

Chris