Re: Dvd player

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

At 10:05 AM 8/1/2011, you wrote:

Is it free and can you access dvd menus with jaws?
As far as I know, the menus on DVD's differ from disc to disc - they aren't standardized.

I'm not sure any tool is going to enable your screen reader to read the onscreen menu the sighted see.

But, various players will allow you to access the content. It's not as elegant but it works.

Or, alternatively, get a copy of DVD Audio Extractor and rip the audio from your discs to mp3 or some other audio format for listening. This at least saves hard drive space.

Chris