From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Richard Holloway
Sent: July-31-11 12:23 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit

Well, JAWS 9 comes to mind (which absolutely destroyed the OS on our Vista
PC when we bought a 64-bit machine), at least under Vista, as well as most
(if not all) virus protection software.

It can be really hit, or miss... (buyer beware).

-RH

On Jul 30, 2011, at 6:00 PM, Steve wrote:

Richard,

I don't know of any 32-bit programs that won't run on a 64-bit system,
although I suppose there may be some. But, that is what the Programs\x86
folder is for, that's where the 32-bit programs that run in Win 7 or Vista
64-bit editions live.

Jaws is available in either 32 or 64-bit editions. If you have the Jaws
installation DVD, it will recognize which version you need for your system;
if not, just go to the FS site and download the correct version.
Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Holloway"