Re: Laptop question

Ann Byrne

press Windows key to get to the search dialog, and type 'mobility' and Windows will find it for you.

At 08:51 AM 8/16/2012, you wrote:
Where is the Mobility center?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Byrne" <annakb@sbcglobal.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: Laptop question

You probably need to redefine the function keys. Go to the mobility center and change something from media to the other choice. JAWS doesn't like the mobility center, so sighted help would really help. What???
At 08:14 AM 8/16/2012, you wrote:
Hello folks! I have just purchased an HP laptop computer, and some of the issues I'm having are quite peculiar. The worst so far is the inability to use f7 with the insert to bring up a list of links in JAWS. When I press it, nothing happens. My wife tells me that the F keys are doubling for something else, like volume up and down and things like that. How do I work around this?