From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com
[mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:21 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: putting jaws to sleep

Marsha:

Follow the instructions below to silence Speech, without unloading JAWS
from memory.

If you are using the desktop keyboard layout, press NUM PAD INSERT
KEY+SPACE BAR, followed by pressing the letter S. JAWS will say "Speech
off". Use the same sequence of keystrokes to turn speech on. When you
do that, JAWS will say "Speech ON".

If you are using the Laptop keyboard layout, press CAPS LOCK KEY+SPACE
BAR, followed by pressing the letter S. JAWS will say "Speech off".
Use the same sequence of keystrokes to turn speech on. When you do
that, JAWS will say "Speech ON".

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber