From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:51 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit

32-bit programs in the vast majority of times will work on a 64-bit machine.

The problem is on older hardware where you need to find drivers for the
64-bit machines; and on some older printers, they may not have drivers for
Windows 7.

The reason why you need to match the Win-Eyes or Jaws 64-bit software with
the 64-bit Windows machine is that the screen-reader is much more closely
embedded to the machine than a normal program is due to the video chaining
interface. That's why you need a 64-bit version of Win-Eyes or Jaws to run
on a Windows 64-bit machine. But, normal programs aren't tied in that
tightly with the other aspects of the computer, so 32-bit programs will work

on a 64-bit system.
Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI