From: Joseph Lee
Sent: July 30, 2011 19:45
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit

Hi,
To clarify:
* Richard is correct: it's more than software that needs to be
considered. Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit is a fundamental
change, as it requires basically a new machine (well, sort of).
First, you must install a processor that supports 64-bit data
(Intel Core II Duo, Core I5, etc. or equivalent AMD ones).
Next, you need to find drivers for devices that'll run on 64-bit
machines.
* Some 32-bit programs will work well under 64-bit OS, since X64
processors support 32-bit code directly on hardware. The
programs that's bound to cause problems would be the ones that
rely on some underlying drivers. 16-bit programs will not run
under 64-bit systems.

For Crystal: If you could give us the following info, that'll be
appreciated in allowing us to choose the best configuration for
you:
* Processor brand and model.
* RAM (memory) amount.
Cheers,