Re: setting program defaults with Jaws

Robert Logue <bobcat11@...>

I now have the send to e-mail function working in Internet Explorer 9.

I got it working. Had to look in an area I often find hard to navigate. But, I found the setting in Set program access and computer defaults
Control access to certain programs and set defaults for this computer. It was hiding in there because Jaws didn't see it automatically. I had to search with the Jaws cursor.

So, again I was looking in the wrong place. Oh. I looked there before but didn't see what I needed.

Bob

On 8/3/2012 9:46 PM, Robert Logue wrote:
Problem sending links and web pages Plus setting program defaults with
Jaws.
Using Windows 7 64, IE9, and Thunderbird with Jaws 13.

File send...
Page by e-mail... unavailable
Link by e-mail... unavailable

Have Thunderbird as default e-mail in control panel. Problem setting
defaults too. Jaws doesn't read the state of each item in the list.

Internet Options
General Security Privacy Content Connections Programs Advanced
Default web browser
Internet Explorer is the default web Make default
browser.
HTML editing
Choose the program that you want Internet Explorer to use for
editing HTML files.
HTML editor: Notepad want to change this to Jarte but I can't.
Internet programs
Choose the programs you want to use Set programs
for other Internet services, such as
e-mail. Not able to complete this action with Jaws.

Default Programs
Set your default programs
Programs
graphic 444 Jarte
graphic 155 Thunderbird
graphic 937 Thunderbird (News)

Starting with Thunderbird...
This program has all its defaults
graphic 970 Set this program as default - Did that.
Use the selected program to open all file types and protocols it can
open by default.
graphic 970 Choose defaults for this program
Choose which file types and protocols the selected program opens by
default.

Select All unchecked.

Name Description Current Default
Extensions
.eml Thunderbird Document Thunderbird
graphic 389 graphic 669 .wdseml Thunderbird Document Thunderbird
Protocols
graphic 389 graphic 669 MAILTO Thunderbird URL Thunderbird
MAPI
graphic 389 graphic 669 Send mail Send mail command Mozilla Thunderbird

Select All checked
Name Description Current Default
Extensions
.eml Thunderbird Document Thunderbird
graphic 389 graphic 669 .wdseml Thunderbird Document Thunderbird
Protocols
graphic 389 graphic 669 MAILTO Thunderbird URL Thunderbird
MAPI
graphic 389 graphic 669 Send mail Send mail command Mozilla Thunderbird

Jaws says "unchecked when I move through the list. Clicking some of the
graphics changes them but don't know what that means.

Bob