Re: Stopping Jaws From Saying Grov When Pressing The Grov Key

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Bill & Dave,

Bill, thank you for explaining what I want to do a hell of a lot better than
myself. This is a message I got concerning this matter & how to fix it.

Mike,

Create a script that is activated whenever the grov key is pressed.

Within that script call whatever function is necessary to cause your clock
to speak.

JFW will not speak the grov key if a script is associated with that key.

I suggest experimenting by creating the script for notepad. That script
will only be activated when notepad has focus and the grov key is pressed.

Whenever you have that script working as desired, you could copy it into the
default.jss file and it will work for all aplications.

Be aware that if you put that script in the default.jss file, it will
superceed all previous functioning of the grov key in all other
applications.

If that becomes a problem in some applications, use the PassKeyThrough
function before pressing the grov key in those applications.

hth

Bob

Take care.
Mike