Re: Netflix not accessible to blind people using a laptop and screen reading software.

Daniel McBride

Hello Tim:

Can you please clarify the accessibility issue we need address with Netflix? On my Toshiba laptop, using Windows 8 and JAWS 14, I can get onto Netflix, manage to utilize the Search field, find the movie, documentary or television program I desire and get it to play. This is without Audio Description. And I am not able to select a specific season and episode of a television program, such as Star Trek Next Generation. I am simply stuck with playing whichever season and episode is next up in my account.

I am going to email Netflix as requested in your email here. I just want to be clear about what our hurdles are as blind persons using Netflix. I will also add that I am a Rhapsody Music subscriber and the problems with Rhapsody are worse than Netflix, if anyone is interested.

Thanks for your efforts.

Dan McBride

Fort Worth, Texas