From: <epierce@surewest.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2012 3:05 PM
Subject: RE: A DICEY QUESTION

The quality control team at FS needs to go back to Kindergarten so that the
proper steps of corporate quality control can be learned.
Why not blame bad management/ownership? They hired the developers and QC, and place constraints on how their business is operated.

As an aside, defining good quality control as "corporate" is questionable. You proably meant "professional"?

I would argue that the specific "corporatist" model that is common in "predatory" businesses (and has now been taken up in public agencies, the educational system, etc.) is the source of poor quality, and poor organizational performance in general.

The main characteristics of such dysfunctional organizations are: lack of trust, unwillingness to be vulnerable and honest, lack of openness and lack of transparency. In addition, an overfocus on money and abuse of authority and power, are typical in such dysfunctional organizations, to the detriment of authentic relationships, mutually shared value commitments and local wisdom.

In short: these kinds of organizations and businesses abuse their workers and customers.

(See M. Scott Peck's work for the original source of the above ideas.)

From a systems theory perspective, one suspects that the competitive market for the product in question has been distorted, or corrupted.

What many, many JAWS users are unhappy about is the fact that we get new
release after new release filled with bugs and things which used to work and
now no longer do.