Re: installing plugins

douglas richard dexheimer

I recently experienced a problem updating Adobe Flash Player in order to listen to a certain station. At some point I was notified of an error in downloading the upgrade, and when I went back to the station I was alerted to install the missing plugin, Adobe Flash Player 11.3 something. When I clicked on the install option, followed by next, there were two unresponsive (or inaccessible) dialogs: one was the Adobe Flash Player 11.3 Installer and had two buttons, a blank one and a Q (quit) button. Pressing the blank button only brought me to the desktop and the installer dialog remained put. The other dialog was a plugin finder service with a cancel button and nothing else to choose from. This makes it impossible to install the latest version of Adobe without sighted help; pressing the blank button in the first mentioned dialog (Jaws won't tell me what that button does) just brings up the desktop and nothing changes.
Perhaps my brother could take a look at this with LogMeIn, or someone on the JFW list can provide feedback on resolving this. I now have the above-mentioned apps running on my system, so Big Doug please log on anytime and try to troubleshoot this problem. Thanks, and good night.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-901-7306
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@...

----- Original Message -----
To: whistles73@...
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 9:17 PM
Subject: installing plugins

I went to the St. Philip's web site and was prompted to install the missing plugin, but once I tried to select and install I ended up in an inaccessible Plugin Finder Service Center where I don't have a clue what to do or what to select. I just find a list of different readme help sections or sites selling products. Can you please try to log in and take a look? Thanks.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20120704/2f18b53f/attachment.html>

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.