Chicago, IL 60625
773-901-7306
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
To: Adrian Spratt
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: how to save or copy Firefox bookmarks

I checked my add-ons and found no Webvisum; I must have deleted it. I'll just have to wait for further instructions from Webvisum Discuss. I received a Digest post with my first draft from yesterday, but no reply. Thanks.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-409-6163
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net
To: 'Douglas Richard Dexheimer'
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:42 AM
Subject: RE: how to save or copy Firefox bookmarks

Hi, Douglas.

I'm not going to go back over your other messages, but I don't think there's any need.

Can you just uninstall the Webvisum add-on from your FF3, and then reinstall it?

I once wrote to Webvisum with a question and got a response.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Douglas Richard Dexheimer [mailto:drichardd@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: how to save or copy Firefox bookmarks

I didn't install the full version of Firefox 5, but I did install the portable version, which I later deleted (I still have the executable file saved in my Downloads folder) when I found Webvisum didn't work with it. I'm still using my old Firefox 3.6.18.
Did you find my earlier messages explaining why the Webvisum plugin doesn't work anymore on Firefox 3? If you go back and review those emails you might get the full story.
If I uninstall this full version, I still have the email with the page to the previous upgrade, but I'm not sure my bookmarks and plugins will automatically be imported from the upgrade I uninstall; uninstalling would inevitably delete all my bookmarks, plugins and all. Is it true that uninstalling my current Firefox will automatically bring me back to an earlier upgrade, or will Firefox disappear altogether?
I just need to get a word from the Webvisum team about installing a new plugin or reinstalling the one I had before but later deleted, or how to reinstall the Install.rdf file for Webvisum. Worst case scenario, rather than risk the loss of all my current Firefox settings, I may have to call for sighted help with sites that require verification.
Thanks for any further suggestions.

Born-Again Productions
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-409-6163
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:26 AM
Subject: RE: how to save or copy Firefox bookmarks

I understand. I thought your problem was that you'd installed FF5. If not, there's no need to uninstall. Besides, someone mentioned that uninstalling a current version of FF brings you back to the previous one.

What exactly is the problem you're having with FF at this moment? If you're just interested in upgrading to FF5, don't do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Douglas Richard Dexheimer [mailto:drichardd@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:13 AM
Subject: how to save or copy Firefox bookmarks

Can't I just leave my current Firefox running and download the last upgrade over it, so it will update by itself, retaining all my bookmarks, plugins and other settings I still have intact? If I remove Firefox I'll lose all my bookmarks, and I'd hate to have to reinstall them all from scratch. I'm not sure how to backup all my bookmarks or copy them from my current setup to the new installation of the last upgrade. The bookmarks are in a menu called Bookmarks, and in a Library tree view; how do I save or copy that menu or library tree view to my hard drive, or import all the URL's with the bookmarks so the links will open after I reinstall the last upgrade to Firefox?
Also, if I remove my current setup of Firefox, what about all my plugins--Adobe Flash, VLC Media Player, Facebook, etc.?

Born-Again Productions
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-409-6163
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:34 AM
Subject: RE: Webvisum plugin lost

Douglas,

If you can't resolve your problems with your current setup, you could always remove Firefox and start over with the last upgrade of FF3, as several listers suggested. Then you could reinstall Webvisum. You wouldn't need to have a friend recommend you because you already have a user name and password for the Webvisum site.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20120701/274af85c/attachment.html>

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.