Re: Alternative to Webvisum

cecropia64

you are gonna get that message whenever you try to download a program or plugin. that's part of browser security warning. but if you got the webvisum plugin from their website, which you did, don't worry about it. i got the same warning when i first downloaded it. but good luck in what ever you decide to do. take care

On 7/1/2012 12:28 PM, Douglas Richard Dexheimer wrote:
I installed the newest version of FF and tried again to download Webvisum, but this warning persisted (and the plugin remained disabled):
Software Installation
Install add-ons only from authors whom you trust.
Malicious software can damage your computer or violate your privacy.
You have asked to install the following item:
WebVisum (Author not verified)
http://www.webvisum.com/plugin/webvisum-0.9.1.xpi
Install Now Cancel
Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-901-7306
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@...
----- Original Message ----- From: <cecropia64@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2012 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: Alternative to Webvisum

JUST A HEADS UP. FIREFOX IS WAY BEYOND VERSION FOUR AT THIS POINT. TRY DOWNLOADING THE NEWEST VERSION AND THEN INSTALL WEBVISUM. THE VERSION OF WEBVISUM OUT NOW WAS RELEASED FOR I BELIEVE VERSION 11 OF FIREFOX. MAYBE THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T INSTALL IT.
I recently submitted two invitation requests from Webvisum, and today I got a password reminder and logged in with it, but still, when I try installing the plugin, I get the "install 4 button unavailable" message. Could that mean install Firefox 4, which is out of date as of now? I've been using version 3.6.28 or thereabouts. Perhaps I should give up on Webvisum and spend a few bucks using Captcha Monster? Thanks again for your feedback.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@...>