Re: Learning Jaws and the Keyboard

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Not to mention I've never heard of anybody achieving 70 or 80 words per minute on a perkins-style keyboard, whereas that is more than possible on a standard keyboard.

At 10:09 AM 6/26/2012, you wrote:
Jack,

Having dexterity on a Braille keyboard is excellent, but when you're in the
outside world, you would have to carry your keyboard with you in case you
ever need to work on a machine away from your desk. Having dexterity on the
predominant input device seems to me to be a key survival skill in the
mainstream world.

Dave Carlson

From: "Jack and Becky" <icanjam@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 06:51
Subject: Re: Learning Jaws and the Keyboard

I can type well enough! Should from all the typing lessons I
took in school.
Dad had a fuul glass. He was GLAD!
Got to where I wanted pop dear old dad upside the head with his
full glass.
But I have and always have done much better with the six dot
braille keyboard. So why type at all? Wish jaws had a braille
keyboard mode. I've been pushing hard for this but no know else
seems interested.
Alas and great sorrow!
Jack